Just a note,

obviously my sentences are lacking in structure and have no grammar and trail off or never finish or pop up in the middle of things BUT this is just a working space for me, not something highly polished :)

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Final installation




I played around a little bit with the arrangement of the monitors, there's not a hell of a lot you can do but it is surprising what difference little adjustments can make to the overall feeling of the work. I would really have loved the Close up video to be played on a larger screen, or projected onto a wall BUT the lighting conditions in the studios do not allow for that. I could put it somewhere with less light but that wouldn't suit either... darkness and that image =seedy yuck.
A huge screen would be great, i looked into hiring one but it didn't quote any prices, i was thinking of getting one of those hanging screens that they use for advertising, it somehow projects from the rear of the screen.. i don't know :(
I've decided to leave the sound of the water running playing with my monitors, mainly to drown out the humming noise made by the crusty broken TV sets. I wish i had a screen with no edges, it looks great played on a mac but i would hate to have that shitty apple logo glaring at people
appleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleappleapple
which means covering the framing of the monitors with something. THEN you would need a flat surface or some sort of casing surrounding them and it all gets a bit complicated. I have had video works inside little boxes before and it didn't make a huge difference to how they looked it was just a lame formality that i felt i should use.
I really wanted to incorporate the hair i have been collecting into my final work but it doesn't seem to quite fit. I like having the hairballs arranged in a linear format in individual bunches. This could work if the TV monitors were also in a grid like formation but i would rather have them slightly facing each other so that they envelop the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment